Friday, January 11, 2008

Thanks, Jen, for our new blog. Because we didn't
send out a Christmas letter for 2007, I thought I
would briefly recap some of the highlights of
the year using photos that I had. In late April
we were able to visit Washington D.C. Yes, I
did fly across the country...and survived.

One of the highlights of our D.C. trip was seeing
The Queen as she visited President Bush.

The day we arrived home from D.C., we recieved
word that my uncle Fred broke his hip. As we were
going to the hospital, I got a call - my aunt Trudi fell
and broke her arm. So my mom, sister and I were
blessed to take care of them for the next 4 months.
My uncle is now home with the Lord (in Aug). Two
weeks after my uncle passed away, my aunt fell and
broke her hip (her arm was just about healed!).
Back to Kaiser we go!! My truck is on autopilot to Kaiser.
She is doing pretty good now, especially for being 90.

We went with a group of friends to see the Newsboys
in concert. If you ever get a chance to see them,
don't pass it up - they're awesome.

The Newsboys drummer does a song as
the set revolves and rises - very cool!


"Lookin' Good in Christ" was our Mother's Day
Brunch theme at church. I used my vintage purses
and hats to decorate the tables.

Doug and I worked at our Vacation Bible School.
Doug is enjoying the cool snow cone while I am
slaving over a hot stove in the kitchen!

Doug is showing the little ones how to
master the bow and arrow in VBS.

We spent a lot of the summer working in
and enjoying our backyard.

We have adopted some cute little feathery friends.
They come for breakfast, lunch, dinner, inbetween
breakfast, ...

Our other feathery friends, the turkeys, came back again.
There were over 20 in our front yard.

We had a quiet Christmas at Aunt Trudi's. Christmas
at Eric's inlaws was not so quiet as some tried to whoop
others in pingpong! Sorry, no photos yet.
The stockings are hung by the chimney with care
in hopes that Kenny and Jen will be there!!






2 comments:

Jim and Jolene said...

What an exciting 2007.
We hope 2008 will be great too!

Kenny and Jen said...

Love the pictures and stories! Can't wait to read more! We love you!!!